The Tree Of Life

The Tree of Life

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Salmon



I have been making some pretty awesome meals lately due to 2 things:

1. Josie is sleeping through the night and it starts at 7!

2. I got a new cookbook. Eating for Pregnancy : The Essential Guide


Its an awesome cookbook. I have been cooking almost every meal from it since we got it. Its so practical and healthy (but not over the top) and it seems to be keeping my body fueled during these energy draining days. Im still breastfeeding J and after over a year of sustaining her I am becoming more and more conscious of what goes in my mouth! These are 2 salmon dinners I have made recently. I love salmon and i am always looking for new ways to spice it up.

This is marinated and baked salmon on a bed of spinach leaves. Its topped with freshly made mango salsa. Here are a few of the ingredients: mandarin oranges, mango, peppers, cilantro, lime. Absolutely amazing. I also cooked some wild rice for the side and topped it with a dollop of greek yogurt.



Since the book is also a guide it gives some very practical suggestions on how to round out your day with healthy snacks. It even gives many examples of what a perfect day of meals and snacks would look like. Showing you how to get everything you need from your meals. Its awesome. I'm gonna use this cookbook even when im not breastfeeding or pregnant.

This is another look at that beautiful salsa.



This is salmon, again on a bed of spinach leaves, with a homemade citrus vinagarette (a few ingredients: orange, lemon, honey. The salad had fresh avacado, cilantro, and cherry tomatoes. Everything was super easy and wonderful. The mushroom rice was from a packet. And of course theres a dollop of greek yogurt on top. I have been substituting yogurt for sour cream lately.... i havent even missed the sour cream actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment