The Tree Of Life

The Tree of Life

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New Bedroom!

Before:


The windows had blackout curtains on them due to Andy sleeping days, but that all got messed up during the summer when our air went out in August while i was 9 months preggo and a week away from my due date. We had to borrow a window unit. And the curtain rods are drooping due to the walls being kind of mess up before and the hardware for the rods had no support underneath like most do.


As you can see, the red was MAJORLY overpowering. I dont know what i was thinking when i did it. Red is just too much for me . I need soothing. I love color and i dont mind bright but the red was just aggravating after a while. Also, i had all three mirrors on the one wall which made the room feel heavy on the one side instead of balanced.


Yeah, the place had gotten kinna messy. And stuff was moved out from the wall in this picture. That is the pack n play that Josie no longer sleeps in.



And AFTER!!!!!!

Way more soothing and balanced. New rug from overstock.com to anchor the space and tie it all together. New bedding from Pottery Barn outlet. The quilt at the foot of the bed came out of Andy's day sleep room. Andy let me take down the black out stuff since he never sleeps in there in the day anyways amymore. yay for light!


I spread out the mirrors. The Eiffel Tower mirror is above the bed and looks awesome. The other mirrors are higher and more spaced out. The curtain rods we were able to salvage... we just had to tinker with the hardware and use longer screws. Andy was able to drill into the studs this time after ALOT of extra trouble. He is a patient man! the curtains are the same.


And i tidied up the place!!


Well what do ya think!?!?

3 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! I love the neutral color pallet! I I love color too but sometimes I get carried away with it then get tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love the rug and the way you brought it all together. Very soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! yeah leah, i loved it for like 2 months(the red) then it started to get on my nerves. Andy denies this but the red was his idea.

    ReplyDelete