The Tree Of Life

The Tree of Life

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thailand

Last year i went to Thailand. I love the pictures of us with the tigers. I have always been facinated with animals. To hold an animal that-up until that moment-i had only seen from a distance in a zoo or on a wild life special.... well, it was a dream-come-true moment. I wish i looked a little more feminine in the picture, but that is backpacking for ya. Just looking at those pictures makes me long to go back. I LOVE that place. I never knew paradise exisisted like this. We swam in water that looked like an emerald. For 20 minutes we watched a steady stream of tiny fish jump out of the water and over a piece of coral in the way of their path. Their school of jumpers looked like water spray. We rock climbed on cliffs that looked out over the most beautiful and mysterious island i have ever seen. I held a puffed up blow fish in my hand. It was amazing. You know you are far away when someone asks where you are from and then gets a confused look on their face when you say United States. You know... United States of America.... long pause... "Oh! America! Oh OK!" Anyways, I love Thailand and hope to return someday not too far from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment